Congratulations on closing a new location! Now it’s time to make sure they are set up for success. We recommend setting up a formal kickoff call where you can gather critical information to ensure you’re set up for success.
It’s a good idea to record the key contacts at the company, including their names, email, and phone numbers:
- Main contact: the person you’ll primarily interact with
- Technical contact: if you’re doing a more advanced hardline connection, for instance, the person you should talk to regarding on-site technical issues
- Accounting contact: the contact information to use when sending an invoice for setup fees, subscriptions, subsidies, or coupons
You’ll be making two different types of deliveries – the initial delivery of the store, then ongoing deliveries of your fantastic food. For ongoing food deliveries, make sure you confirm and/or set expectations around the following details:
- Where the store will be located
- What amenities the location already provides, such as utensils and microwave
- What hours you’ll be able to make deliveries
- If you’ll be able to get access for after hours deliveries
Now the most important part! What kind of fantastic food is appropriate for the location. Ask a few questions to understand if the location has any atypical food preferences or needs, such as:
- Do they currently offer any other free food or drinks?
- Are there any restrictions you should be aware of (for example, are glass bottles ok on site)?
Asking a few quick questions will help start you off on the right foot with a new location.